Blessed

I am feeling very blessed. This will be short as it is late and I am tired. But wanted to at least touch base and let you know I am still here!

Last week I started my volunteer equestrian internship at Glade Ranch. It was an amazing amount of work but wow, I am learning so much. My body is very tired and my mind is taxed but it is wonderful.

The Sock Summit was incredible. I took pictures which I need to post and get a blog written. I know, I know. It may take some time. Just finished spinning up some lovely merino roving from Sweet Grass. I've never spun colored roving or merino roving so it was interesting. I have to say, I didn't enjoy it. It was very stressful trying to get the two bobbins to more or less match so that the 2 ply yarn wouldn't turn out spotty. I will ply tomorrow to see if I managed to do that. I am planning on making either socks or mittens with it. It's greens and blues fairly muted.

I am just about done with a pair of socks I am knitting from painted yarn - I am not sure what else to call it. As I knit it up, a pattern appears. It looks like sort of sloppy Fair Isle but is just one yarn. It is charming to knit up and a lot of fun.

Saturday, my husband and I got the dogs in the car and drove to Sonic of chili-cheese dogs with cherry limeades! Yum. Then went for a walk along the river. It was still too hot, but it was fun.

We worked today re-arranging our weirdly shaped living room. We aren't sure how we like the arrangement, but it's at least different. We moved stuff around and I got to vacuum under everything. It made me happy.

We also went out and bought a new bed. It's been a while and our old one needs to be retired. It gets delivered on Tuesday! Also got new "air pillows" which are very cool.

Tonight I made some fresh applesauce. Way yummy!

oof, yawning so big my jaw is cracking. Night all!

Comments

Popular Posts