Recipe

I promised this recipe to A a while back but have been too distracted to blog. So here goes:

Pad Thai Salad

I used mung bean threads in this salad to bump up the protein, but you can use the very tiny crystal rice noodles instead.

Noodles: put the dried noodle nest in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes until the noodles are hydrated.

Dressing: Pour in a small jar with a lid:
juice of half a lime
a big tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
a tablespoon of tamari or strong soy sauce
a small dash of toasted sesame oil (optional)
(optional - cayenne powder for some zip)
Shake well. The dressing should be thick but will thicken upon standing. If it gets too thick, thin with water.

Salad: chop up romaine lettuce or your favorite lettuce, dry really well, put in a bowl. Add cold chicken slivers, halved pear tomatoes, and carrot ribbons (peel your carrot and just keep peeling to make ribbons).

Drain the noodles REALLY well. Drizzle about 1/2 the dressing over the noodles and toss to blend well. This will cool the noodles as well. You can either chop the noodles or leave them long. You can put them on the side or over the top of the salad. Pour the rest of the dressing over the salad as desired.

Yum. I licked out the bowl. I think I could eat this dressing on packing peanuts and think it a meal fit for a king.

It's late and I am exhausted but I wanted to tell you that I have had 2 riding lessons! It has been so wonderful to be back on a horse. In deference to my accidents, I am on a 30 year old pony who is short but wide so I don't teeter on his back or crush him with my weight. He is being lead around by my teacher. But the truly wonderful thing is how right it feels. I don't feel like an awkward stranger in the saddle. I feel weak. But I am confident that will improve with time. And it makes my back and neck feel better! Not to mention my soul.

Comments

Popular Posts