Post party reflections

I had a really good time at the party! There was the "right" number of people there and enough space to find a quieter place when I needed it. A common reaction to a brain injury is crowd panic. I had it pretty bad. So I was unable to do things like go to a restaurant unless it was off time so it was mostly empty. And even then, I was better in a booth with my back to a wall.

But anyway, it was fun and a sure sign of getting better. The Five Year mark is a big one. For one, some of my insurance drops off. But some is still there. We'll see how the transition goes. It's been funny. Some of the BI people say that how you are at 5 years is the best it will get. Other say that that is when the real healing starts to kick in. I am opting for the latter.

I am unsure if thinking about it makes me dwell and be sicker. Or if it is better to forge ahead. (forge a head - hee hee! blacksmith joke!)

M and I talked a bit about gardens this weekend; she went to the party with me. Some of me desperately wants to! Some of me is reluctant. I will have to be smart about how I do it so that I can do it and not need help.

I'm going to be swamped with life for a couple of weeks so don't worry if I don't write. I'll get back to it after things quiet down a bit. Scratch that. If I wait for quiet, it'll be a long wait. I'll write as soon as I can, how about that!

Comments

Popular Posts