Slacker!

Sorry, it's been nice to relax a bit. But that meant that I wasn't very motivated to blog.

We had a nice quiet Christmas. I bought a used PS2 game and Deotrich and I spent a couple of days killing things. It is a D&D game that uses about the same engine as the Baldar's Gate games so it was a system we are used to. Good story, about the right length for a weekend, uncomplex. After playing Final Fantasy Games in which you can sink over 100 hours in the game and still not get a 100% complete, it was nice to have something of a simple hack and slash style to play. It's very therapeutic.

Getting ramped up to do some brewing once we get back in the studio. It's been nice to have the studio shut down for a while, since about Dec. 18. But I am starting to think about shapes and colors and thinking about sitting at the bench again. It's good to look forward to getting back to what you do for a living!

I want to make another batch of the Day at the Fair mead that has apple juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and nutmeg in it. It works up quickly and nicely. I'm going to swap out one can of apple juice with cranberry juice just for something different. I need to brew up some of the chamomile/mint mead to solidify the recipe as I have a request for it. I brewed it fairly early on in my brewing learning curve, so there are things I will do differently. So before I publish the recipe, I need to make sure it is good. I also want to get back to my first intention of using mead as a way of helping get herbs into folks. Turn my head from the seduction of a freezer full of free fruit. I want to try a historical herbed beer called gruit.

New Years was also very quiet. We sat on the couch and watched a Fred & Ginger marathon. Simpler times. I kept trying to figure out the clothing. I can't imagine dressing that way. They all seem so much more grown-up than I feel. I wonder if it has to do with the clothes.

We've been finishing the renovations on the house this past week. Last year we renovated the whole house, except for the bathroom which we had done earlier in the year, and the back bedroom in which much junk had been deposited. The room was solidly full. Much of the stuff was stuff I didn't know what to do with, but couldn't bear to toss. So this room now has the computer and is almost done. It will be the computer/craft room.

The guest bedroom walls are being wrapped with bookshelves. I have only a hazy count, but I think between the two of us, we have over 40 boxes of books. Some boxes have been packed for a long time. I am really looking forward to getting them all unpacked on on the shelves. Both of us have a bit of a problem with books. But as addictions go, at least we share it so we are understanding of each other.

Then there are many boxes of craft things, fabric, glass bead making supplies, ribbons, leather, 2 sewing machines, paints, and on and on to unpack and put back into this room. It has bamboo floors like our bedroom. They are great.

I am really excited to have sorted out the double closet in here. I let go of all my old corporate clothes. I don't know why I have kept them. It's not like I can fit into them. They all are from 20 pounds ago. It's a real statement of belief in our life now to get rid of them. I still have some of my antique clothes and SCA costumes. But there will be more room for the costumes which will be so cool. And room to make more!

Kyra's lessons are going well. I haven't been able to see her this week due to the demands of the renovations. I sure miss seeing her progress.

Hope you all had a great and blessed Holiday Season, what ever you celebrate.

But I am ready for things to get back to normal. Or what passes for normal around here.

Comments

Popular Posts